I have to sit on his lap when he has his breakfast. Lunch and dinner he is excused, simply because I fall asleep in mum’s godi when they are all eating. I eat from his plate. He drops me to school, and he has to pick me up. Even if mum comes, I always ask for him. Thanks to me he is home on time…no early for lunch. I can never have enough of the car rides.
Mum says I have changed a lot. Grown taller, isn’t that supposed to happen? All the new clothes I got for my b’day are very close to becoming small.
I totally love my day care now…can’t miss it even for a day. So much so that mum has become to dread the weekends, that she used to enjoy so much. Ha! Like it makes a difference to me 😛
Since I can climb up and down the stair by myself without holding on to anything or anybody, I run out the house as soon as I am up and have to be dragged screaming back inside.
I used to hate getting my feet dirty, wouldn’t walk barefoot on the grass & the drive way, wouldn’t enter the sand pit and insist on my feet being cleaned immediately at school. Now I can go barefoot everywhere. I love the feel of sand, dirt, concrete, tarred road and the mushy wet grass.
I have even begun to let mommy tie my hair up in a pony tail and yes, they are pulled off as soon as nana picks my up after school.
Love ringa-ringa roses, nani teri morni ke and ba ba black sheep… but the movie songs are still my fav. Mama has become very smart these days. He usually used to channel surf, always moving one level up now he just jumps to the channel he wants to watch. Simply because if any music channel comes on, he cannot watch anything else.. see …I taught him to something which even mum and nani could not get him to do!
Rules of the house are as follows:
1. Anytime nana or mama come home in the car, I have to get a ride from the gate till they park the car.
2. Any time they leave, I still have to say bye and watch the car drive away.
3. No body can leave without kissing me good bye.
4. I will eat what you are eating, so you better watch out, if you do now want me to eat something, cause it ain’t gonna happen if I see the forbidden food on your plate!
5. When mum’s mobile rings I have to find it and give it to mum, never mind that by the time I get it, it stops ringing.
6. anytime you take a pic of me, you better show me that photo that very instant.
7. When I am around, mum should stay away from the laptop.
8. If mama is working on the comp and I need to watch my rhymes, he has to move the instant he is asked to.
9. I supervise the cleaning at home. Even show the maid how it is to be done. I do the same in nana’s office too.
10. I decide the footwear I will wear.
11. Once I have gone to sleep, mum has one hour as her buffer time, she better come to bed then, I don’t cry that much.
We went to Bangalore for a week, few days back and attended so many weddings. I met so many of my cousins, uncles and aunts. I was so confused! I just remembered the babies. And the car would play all my fav songs.. I got some wonderful gifts too. Santosh Mama gave me this cool Nursery Rhymes CD set. We also went to the supermarket with Pria didi and Raji mausi. Of course since mum was carrying me all the way there, Raji mausi was carrying her purse and I was making sure that she didn’t run away with it. I found this cute baby doll there and sweet Raji mausi bought it for me. That of course made me really happy. I was really grumpy cause nana left me alone with mum and total strangers in a strange place and went away. Mama happened to be nearby, came to cheer me up for a few minutes cause nana told him I was really upset.
The baby doll is my baby. I feed it, apply cream, and even make the baby go su-su.. The 4 CD’s are M.I.N.E. It was given to me and are mine alone. No body has the right to touch them. I can play with them as I please. After seeing them like a hundred times, I play catch with them, love to see the light reflect off them and they should always be near me.
I’m a big girl now, and I have to eat by my self. Rice, curds, dosa, idli, fruits…. aappi aappi. I’d love to cook it too only meanie mum does not allow me near the gas. But I stilllike to be carried by mum and nana. I love to see the moon and stars and go looking for them even during the day.
I’m also speaking words and picking them up really fast, but all say that ki main thoda tutlati hun… mum and nana are not worried but mama and nani are and they are planning to take me to dr. jag…lets see how that goes..
And did I tell you…I absolutely love footwear. Not just mine, but everybody’s at home. I’m always wearing mum’s and nani’s sandals (which has a in a real tizzy cause mum wears her’s all the time 😛 ) I don’t spare nana and mama’s shoes too. I can very easily identify their clothes and footwear, something mum and nani have not been able to do so ever!
Happy Christmas and New Year’s in advance everybody. Mum is planning to take me to the club here, hopefully we will have a blast and not trouble her by staying in her godi all the time, like I did at the weddings. But they should have good music playing. Else there will be trouble in paradise !